Is Essure right for me?
When you know your family is complete, you’re ready to consider permanent birth control. More and more women like you are making the decision to have the Essure procedure to prevent unplanned pregnancy, so they can fully enjoy the lives they have built for themselves. They’re choosing lives without hormones or the hassle of temporary birth control methods, with the confidence of knowing that they are protected from unplanned pregnancy forever.
Essure may be right for you if you:
- Are certain you do not want any more children
- Want to stop worrying about unplanned pregnancy forever
- Want the most effective* permanent birth control available
- Want to stop managing your temporary birth control method
- Would like to stop taking hormone-based birth control
- Want to avoid surgery, scarring, silicone or risks of other permanent birth control procedures
- Are concerned about the risks of general anesthesia
- Want more spontaneity in your sexual relationship
- Want confirmation that you’re protected from unplanned pregnancy
You should delay your decision if you:
- May want to have children in the future
- Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant
- Have been pregnant during the past six weeks
- Have an active or recent pelvic infection
*Based on five years of clinical data.